As we have seen with the 1st version circuit training, during a good physical preparation for football, it is important to make exercises that allow you to work on the VO2max. Once again, this exercise does not require any specific equipment except cones and a stopwatch.
Over a period from 20’ to 25’, your group of players follows the training below, alternating between acceleration (red), deceleration and recovery (purple). Here are our instructions:
- A warm-up of at least 15′ must be carried out by performing some accelerations to accustom the muscles to the work of the session and increase the players’ heart rate
- Divide your group in two with a “fast” group and a “slower” group. The fastest players start in first class.
- The acceleration phase is done “at full speed” (players must bypass the cones),
- The deceleration phase consists in not slowing down the speed all at once (!)
- The recovery phase is done by trotting (but no walking)
- The workshop is conducted without a ball.
Concerning distances, try to measure them well (Click on the image to enlarge)
The Prepa Physique Team